Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Feeling different?

Met several people oevr the weekend who I had not seen in a while. They made a pretty big deal of congragulating me on the Doctorate Degree. I was admittedly pleased that they knew, but at the same time a bit taken back.

While I am sure that the process has changed me, the degree hasn't. I started this process becasue I wanted to grow in my faith, my knowledge, and my ability to be the best leader that God wanted me to be. There was never a desire to be somehow seen as now 'more' than I was before becasue I have a title.

I keep telling people that I am still Ken, and not Dr. DeMaere. If first names were good enough for Paul and Jesus, first names are good enough for me. I ahev many times said that the four most important titles I carry are husband, father, friend, and Pastor. I intend to spend the rest of my life living up to those four titles, I don't need too many more. My plate is pretty full with those.

Have a good and safe and close to God week!

1 comment:

Randy said...

seems like you have your heart on straight Dr. DeMaere.