Saturday, March 28, 2020

I admit that I have not blogged in quite a while.
Suddenly with travel out of the question, most of my work being done from my home office and the ability to actually take a Saturday off, I find myself wondering what to do and Blogging seemed to be one options.
I was talking to a neighbor yesterday (yes, I was maintaining physical distancing - though I am absoloutley opposed to Social Distancing as that is basically contrary to the very essence of the human nature's need to be in and live in community!) and we were discussion the likelihood of a new normal.
Might it be that we have come to the place where we are so driven by health fears that we will permanently make major lifestyle changes? Will I still want people to visit my home? Will I want to visit in other people's homes? Can I no longer give a friend a hug?
Bottom line is that I am not sure that I can live like that.
Like most things in life, when change happens we at some point must decide how I respond to that change. Do I reject it? Do I embrace it? Do I find a way to face the change while being able to maintain some semblance of normalcy?
Right now, I am willing to take the precautions necessary to protect not just myself but my family and neighbors. What that looks like in three weeks, six weeks, six months or a year from now... Who knows?
I take comfort in knowing that my God is not worried, not surprised and not stressed out. So I need not be either.
Enjoy the temporary peace and quiet...
Ken

1 comment:

Son said...

I read these ever so often. Much respect for your stories and thoughts.